Monday, February 18, 2008

Thing 2. What is Library 2.0

I love learning and love connecting with other people to hear and discuss what they are doing. That is why i am so excited to do 23 things on a stick. I feel like I am back in school again and that is so exciting for me! Will I use all the things I learn in this program? Maybe or maybe not. Maybe not right now, but i may need to use those ideas later. What can I learn from someone else and their experiences? Those are the goals I have for this program.

How will I find the time? It is all a matter of priority and purpose. I have a goal of using these skills for the summer reading program which gives me a purpose and also a timeline to get this done. I need those deadlines so help me prioritize what gets done first. And I love a fun diversion from usual work!

The Internet has allowed me to get my Master's degree and it has also allowed me to work at home and perform just as if I was in the office. Being able to do these activites from my home has saved me vast commuting time and given me the flexibility to work around my family needs and schedules.

I do believe that we need to remember our purpose, objectives and goals of these new tools so they enhance our lives and they have to be relevant to the users we are trying to serve which is our ultimate goal.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Congrats on getting started with 23 Things on a Stick!

SELCO staff and over 100 library staff members and trustees will be working through the program as well. We hope to have fun along the way and will offer the opportunity for regional prizes to all who complete the program by National Library Week. Enjoy!

Ann Hutton at SELCO